The Food Network Southern Food & Wine Festival at Gaylord Opryland takes place on July 31 - August 2. This event is a combination of seminars, cooking demos, and high dollar meals with Food Network celebs. They are also introducing the 1st Annual Slow Cooker Competition. Entry Fees are $350.00 but will be reduced to $50.00 if the contestant stays at the hotel Friday & Saturday night. So get your pot roast ready and start slow cookin'. The first 80 people to sign up are in it to win it.
Here are the rules:
1. Each contestant:
1. Will be furnished with a 6ft. prep table and a 6ft. cooking table as well as a Slow Cooker and electrical outlet.
2. Will be given same “bonus” ingredients at the same time on Monday before the competition. Each of the “bonus” ingredients may be used.
3. Will be given same “staple” ingredients at the same time on Monday before the competition. Minimum three of the five “staple” ingredients must be used.
4. Must bring their own personal cooking utensils including any knives, spoons, cutting boards, measuring spoons & cups, etc. No utensils will be provided to any contestant.
5. Will turn in their dish at 3pm for judging.
1. Each contestants dish will be judged on the following:
2. Judges panel will be made up of three local Chefs and all decisions are final.
Anyone interested in entering should submit your application via mail to Amanda Taylor, Gaylord Opryland Special Events, 2802 Opryland Drive, Nashville, TN 37214, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org